Shards of the Philosopher's Stone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A BRAND NEW FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST RPG! WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunting for suspects

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sixth Gun
Admin
Admin
Sixth Gun

Honour : 184

Hunting for suspects  Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Hunting for suspects  Okuratadayoshi19_zps224b092f

Arriving on the location of the crime, Kade moved about the perimeter of the, scene quietly observant, hands tucked into their pockets. The Military Police were still conducting their investigation of the destruction left behind. Three people had been left dead, and the outer wall on the lower floor of a two story building left with a gaping hole torn through it; as though someone had driven a truck through it. Unfortunately, there was no truck, no suspect, and thus far, no eye witnesses yet to be found. 

The State Military had been asked to step in when a bright young detective on the civilian side had recognized traces of alchemy usage left behind. The State Military's Alchemists were renown for their talent so it was well known that the State Military had the expertise to assist with a case involving such sciences. Of course, after inspecting the scene, it was looking as though the Military might just take the case over completely. It was suspected that the case could be linked to others like it that had been cropping up across Central City in connection with gangs of growing influence in the underworld. But as of yet, it was all still in speculation. 

Kade's part in the whole investigation was pretty much done, here. He'd already taken a look at where the murders had taken place, making his own suppositions about traces of alchemy evidences left behind. Now he was simply kicking around the perimeter of everything while the police finished up so that he could go back and fix all the mess left behind. Bricks and mortar had been left strewn into the street so a barricade had been set up that traffic be detoured to go around it. 

Growing bored while he waited, Kade turned his attention across the street to The Heart Shaped Cup, a cafe that should have been full of witnesses to what happened, should the events have taken place during the day. Dually unfortunate then, was the fact that everything had taken place last night. They were guessing around three or four in the morning. Probably still too early for most folks to be out of bed -even the early risers.

Nevertheless, Kade hadn't seen anyone head that way to question anyone, but there were a few patrons visible within the cafe, so the young man decided to take the liberties of doing so himself. Or at least grab a cup of coffee. There was no telling how long he'd wait until the MPs were done. It was still early in the day. 

Pulling hands from his pockets, Kade waved a gloved hand at the Lieutenant nearby, "Vaughn. I'll be across the street asking questions. You want any coffee when I come back?"

The woman looked up at him with a smirk. Appreciation could be read in her eyes. "I would, actually. Thanks. Black is fine, though the sugar would help get through the day."

"Got it. I'll be back before too long." The Alchemist turned on a heel to head across the street then, drawing his long white overcoat around him a little more snugly when the Autumn wind blew, standing his collar up to shield the back of his neck.

Honestly, Kade would have rather been conducting research -or anything else- rather than waiting idly around a crime scene; but with State Alchemists being few and far between in more recent years, new talent still seeming hard to come by, he and other State Alchemists were called on to assist in other areas more frequently than they'd prefer: such as investigating these kinds of cases. And so far, none of the cases had led to anything substantial enough that any of the State Alchemists thought it warranted their time should be taken away from research. At least, that was the general consensus. But, the lack of interest in Alchemy or maybe simply the joining of the State Military as an alchemist, in Kade's eyes, was simply a backlash from how Amestris had utilized them during the war with Ishval. Typically, Amestrians were patriotic enough not to flinch about fighting for a cause that was in their interests, but no one liked to see the kind of thoughtless, relentless mass destruction that had been rendered by the State Alchemists of that time. Appetite for war after that, and perhaps even appetite for alchemy, had been exhausted. 

Hand curling about the door handle to enter into the Heart Shaped Cup, Kade made his way inside, not stopping for long enough to keep anyone's attention for long as a silver bell over the door chimed. 

Greeted by the cafe's wait staff, he decided to go to the glass display cases of pastries and other food to look over the options, before ordering. As he walked across the room, his eyes skirted the small restaurant, taking brief notice of those within it, but when he arrived at the counter, the woman behind it drew  his attention to her by inquiring after his preference.

Again he responded, "Give me just a moment to decide." 

The young man's eyes then turned on the delectable breads on display, though he wasn't sure if he'd taken an interest in any of them. It might be good though to order food with the drinks he'd take with him, just to give himself an excuse to linger a while and talk to patrons. Besides finding eye witnesses, it was also possible that the culprits involves were also still nearby. He'd have to be on the lookout for anything at all suspicious.
Back to top Go down
https://shardsofthestone.rpg-board.net
Brokenwingswolf
Civilian
Civilian
Brokenwingswolf

Honour : 29

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:36 am

♦Kassandra Wolfswood♦
•°• Civilian Alchemist •°•

Hunting for suspects  _2014113

•°• OOC •°•
Text

•°• IC •°•
Kassandra was walking to the book store. Today she had a morning shift. Usually that caused her problems, because the morning was the best time to study and get inspired. It had veen this way since school, and after noon she usually got more easily distracted.
But today it didn't matter, because Kassandra was in a kind of dead end. She needed something to amplify power... But she wasn't able to find any symbols that could work how she needed them. It was frustrating, and the distraction was welcome.
She walked past the bakery, and wondered if she should get herself some cake. She couldn't afford to buy something every day, but she would be fine if she only got something today...
She turned around to go back and enter the bakery, when she saw the police and/or military cars. She had never been good at telling which were which, but now both types seemed to be there. Curiously, she walked a bit closer and tryed to see what was going on. The wall of a building seemed to have broken, and there were stones all over tge street. She raised her eyebrows, surprused that she hadn't noriced before. Then she shrugged and entered the bakery, planning to take another look at the chaos when she came out again.
In the shop she walked up to the display and looked at the different types of sweets. She admired the chocolate muffins, but she knew that they were too expensive.
Suddenly, the guy next to her attracted her attention. He was good looking and had a cool clothing style, but what she noticed most was his attitude... He wasn't someone who could walk into a room and just not be noticed.

Admin
Admin
Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 1:50 am

Coffee with milk and sprinkled with cinnamon -in a heart shaped cup

Coffee with caramel and cream -in a heart shaped cup

Holiday spiced coffee with whipped cream -in a heart shaped cup

Happy Birthday Coffee with whipped cream and colored sprinkles -in a heart shaped cup

Kade nearly snorted at the menu items as he browsed through them, realizing that black coffee wasn't even an option. And there was an entire section just for sweet drinks like hot cocoa and teas. He hadn't even taken into full consideration the smorgasbord of heart shaped muffins and tortes in the display.

Shifting his weight from one foot to the other, the young man didn't hide it from his expression what he must be thinking. The Heart Shaped Cup was definitely the kind of place one would find more frequented by the females of the human species. The interior decor aside, even the kind of food and drink served there was hardly something a man would collect and walk back to a job site with, without expecting to lose his man card. But he was here to do a job, too. That was the only way he'd get out of it.

Anyway, if he was doing something nice for the Lieutenant, she'd better not give him flack for it. Though, Vaughn being a lady, perhaps she would find more enjoyment out of the cafe's themed menu than he. It was cute anyway, and surely Vaughn had a girly side that liked heart shaped things, somewhere inside of her. He could only hope.

At the sound of the door's bell, the delicate chime foretelling of Kassandra's coming, Kade glanced up to see her, eyes making quick study of her, but in order not to seem rude or unnecessarily interested, he would have to rely on that first discerning glance  to tell him certain things about her. He could learn the rest later. He was surprised though, to see a strange tattoo upon the girl's forehead. Had it not immediately captured his interest, he would have taken more time to appreciate her youthful, becoming features, cute nose and beautiful, lustrous hair. Normal things that one might notice. But, a tattoo?

Having turned back to the display to inspect what morsels could be found suitable enough for a man's breakfast, or perhaps something suitable to take back for Vaughn, Kade found himself getting nowhere, so turned his eyes back up in time to see the girl now beside him inspecting the muffins.

Yes, those must be the ones. Surely Vaughn couldn't find a complaint about those, if he brought her one back.

Gesturing that he was ready to make his order Kade stepped up to where the woman behind the counter would take his payment.

"Two of those muffins there, and two coffees with sugar."

That would do it. Nothing too fancy that it would come into question later.

Reaching to the back pocket of dark jeans to retrieve his wallet, Kade's hand disappeared briefly behind the white overcoat. Flipping the wallet open, he produces a few small bills enough to pay for the order he'd placed before the woman was ushering him aside to wait while calling for the next person in line. Of course, she handed off the order first, to a server who went about filling it for him.

"Neeeext!' Her attention fell over Kassandra as Kade stepped aside, "Yes, dear. What can I get for you?"

Folding the wallet, the young man was replacing it in his back pocket with eyes back on Kassandra where she stood at the counter. His attention on her seemed only idle, but surely she was used to getting curious stares given her unusual tattoo. Even at first glance, he could tell that the symbols were alchemic. The shape of the array was basic, and if he remembered right, would be able to alter the air. Or some sort of gas, maybe. And that intrigued him. He too, studied the alchemical uses of noble gases. Rather, one primarily, in specific.
Back to top Go down
Brokenwingswolf
Civilian
Civilian
Brokenwingswolf

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 11:40 pm

[center]♦Kassandra Wolfswood♦

[size=15]
•°• OOC •°•
Btw I'm really bad at roleplaying romance (in case I hadn't mentioned yet) and it means nothing to me (is rather boring), so I think I'm maybe making her aromantic, or grey or demi. Just letting ya know.

•°• IC •°•
Kassandra inspected the other sweets. Most were heart shaped. It was a corny design, but she didn't mind too much because most of the stuff tasted delicious.

She still hadn't decided when she noticed the guy making an order. Two coffees in a heart cup. He must have some kind of girlfriend. If he went into this bakery, maybe he liked that kind of stuff. Kassandra lifted her eyebrows. He didn't seem as cool anymore, but maybe people where just like this when in love? She couldn't tell.

Then he went for two of the muffind that she craved. She looked at them rather envious, but then reminded herself that the other stuff was tasty as hell, too.

The woman on the counter asked her what she wanted, and she examined the sweets again, a little hasty now. It doesn't matter a lot what I pick she thought and went for a giant cookie. "I'd like for the heart-shaped chocolate chip cookie, please" Kassandra said politely and glanced back at the guy from before.

She noticed that he was staring at her. Probably because of her tattoo, most people found it strange. She shrugged it off and turned back to the woman at the counter, holding out the money.

Back to top Go down
http://metawolf.deviantart.com
Sixth Gun
Admin
Admin
Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 4:22 pm

[OOC:  >D  they don't have to be romantic Razz Probably more fun if not. Sometimes romances get so cliche it can get boring, like you said. Wink Anyway, i don't think Kade's lookin' for that anyway.]

Kade in love? Well... something like that. His relationship to his comrade outside wasn't exactly on unwilling terms and they were friends, he supposed. But if it weren't for the investigation ongoing right across the street, he'd never be seen stepping foot into such an estrogen-rich environment. It was a little much. Still, whatever got the job done.

If anything, Kade was dedicated to his work and as far as he was concerned, this proved it. 

The woman at the counter took Kassandra's money and returned her change, delivering the cookie she'd ordered moments after. The other server had by that time finished preparing Kade's own order and placed it on the counter along side Kassandra's cookie.

Taking his cue, Kade stepped up beside the girl with the tattoo to take up both cups of coffee in the hold of one hand before the other then could hold the brown paper bag with both muffins packaged inside. Then, before Kassandra could turn and walk away, Kade addressed her conversationally, "That's an interesting choice of tattoo you have there. I take it you study alchemy?"

With hands full, he managed to gesticulate in the direction of a table, quickly indicating that they should sit before she made her response to his first question.

"Would you mind sitting with me for a few minutes?"
Back to top Go down
Brokenwingswolf
Civilian
Civilian
Brokenwingswolf

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Code:
♦Kassandra Wolfswood♦

•°• OOC •°•
Ok perfect ^^

Uh and look at what I found: Clicky

•°• IC •°•
Kassandra took her change and counted it. She allways made sure to keep track of everything she spent, since she had few money available. She knew that if she had more, her research would go faster and she wouldn't be stuck. But saving was hard and took to long to really solve the problem, so she didn't really regret buying a cookie now and then.

She stuffed the coins into her pocket abd proceeded to the counter to grab her snack. The other guy's muffins were also there. She concentrated on her cookie, which she took with both hands. Before she could walk away, the guy asked her about her tattoo. The way he asked if she studied alchemy and pointed at a table she knew that he wanted to talk in-depth about the topic. She gazed at the bakerys watch, she still had plenty of time. Kassandra shook her head. "It's fine." She sat down. "Yeah, I do study alchemy, though I'm in a kind of dead-end right now... How did you know? Are you an alechmist?" she asked, curious about the stranger.

Back to top Go down
Sixth Gun
Admin
Admin
Sixth Gun

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:28 am

Glad that she would sit with him for a moment, Kade knew that he shouldn't take too long in returning to his partner lest her coffee get cold, but it wouldn't hurt to tarry for as long as it took for the beverage to cool enough to drink it.

Placing the brown paper sack and both coffees on the table, the man situated himself in the seat across from her. Drawing his chair up to the table then, he left the muffins packaged, but brought his hands together then, around one of the coffee cups, holding it between them as he rested forward onto forearms a bit.

"Yeah, I practice alchemy, too. I study Noble Gases, believe it or not." So, not too different from herself, perhaps?

At the thought of 'dead end' research, he had to grin, lifting his brows curiously. "And what kind of dead end is it that you've reached? I'm sure all of us alchemists can relate to that in one way or another. But, to be fair, it's usually those dead-ends that keep us pushing forward to discover more.

"I'm Kade, by the way. Thanks for sitting with me. Ehhh. I guess things always taste better when enjoyed with company." Sheepish once again, the man smirked, trying to make an excuse for himself. He didn't want to bring up that he was a State Alchemist though, and currently working the case across the street; if he did, he'd be stuck with having to act more officious and adhere to the rules of official investigation. So, for now, things could stay off-the-record.
Back to top Go down
Brokenwingswolf
Civilian
Civilian
Brokenwingswolf

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:01 pm

♦Kassandra Wolfswood♦

•°• OOC •°•
Text

•°• IC •°•
Kassandra lifted her eyebrows and took a bite of her cookie. Noble gases? she thought, wondering what use they were if they didn't react, while she chewed.

The guy said his name. "Kade? Kade." Kassandra repeated while looking over his face and studying the details. She wanted to be able to recognize him in other situations, and to remember his name when she did.
Then she said "Hi Kade, I'm Kass!" before her pause got long enough to be awkward. "Yeah that's true. Well, I'm currently trying to find a way to amplify power and control. But with really small symbols, because they need to fit on a small space..." She held up her left hand, pointing out the index and middlefinger as if she was making the "love and peace" sign. "They can't be bigger than a fingertip," she explained.

Kass took another bite of her cookie. She sighed while chewing. "I've searched everywhere. The only clue I've gotten is that they exist, but I can't find out where. Maybe in Xerxes they knew them?"
She shrugged and rested her head on her left hand, while the elbow was leaning on the table.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for suspects    Hunting for suspects  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting for suspects
Page 1 of 1